Lately, No Donkeys

Friday, August 25, 2006

Not Exactly Reality TV

I don’t normally watch much Reality TV. I have friends who have fallen for American Idol, but I didn’t. I did enjoy the Joe Shmo Show, the first more than the second, but not much else. At least that was until I started watching “Who Wants to be a Superhero” on the Sci-Fi Channel. It was different enough that I have enjoyed it. Hero creator Stan Lee is the host and decider of the contest. Essentially a group of people assemble to decide who gets to be a superhero. They have tasks and are judged on how they complete them. The winner gets a SciFi weekend movie and a comic made from their character. It’s interesting because essentially they have to be really good people in order to win. It’s not based on strength or intelligence. They are primarily judged on character and determination. A “reality” show that makes the contestants learn to be better people is something I can get behind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home