Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, May 19, 2008

Clear the Chamber

Well, I have finished the second in the illustrious Harry Potter series. Some have expressed surprise that I am managing to keep to my earlier goal of reading one per cycle, two fiction and 1 non-fiction. I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets relatively quickly, but I didn’t read it nonstop like some people have done. I don’t think I’ve ever done that with a book. Anyway my review of the first book is here, and I’ll ramble on about this one below.


This is a nice baby step up from the last book. It’s more complex. The characters are more ambiguous. I kind of want to watch the movie again now. I don’t usually have as big a problem with changes from a book to a movie as some people do. You go from a written medium to a visual one and you have to change some things. Plus there is the time limitation.


I digress. I don’t even have to say the book is good and a fitting second addition to the series. Everyone else already has. I will say I am pleased with where this is going and look forward to the next in the series.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home