Lately, No Donkeys

Saturday, August 12, 2006

I’m it and I didn’t know I was playing.

Well Mr. Smitty tagged me on the "share yourself using books" rundown, after Ayzair tagged him. So I guess I'll get going with it.


1. One book that changed your life?

Hmm, not sure I have one that changed my life. No real paradigm shifts in outlook that I remember being caused by a book. Lots of small ones though. However, I do remember two books that pointed down a path. I remember reading The Giant Jam Sandwich when I was 4 or 5 and pondering the technology and equipment necessary to create that sandwich. I dearly loved that flying tractor. A few months after that, a conversation with my Dad on a road trip about the car’s electrical system led to my getting How Things Work as a present. I read that one several times as well. They kind of put me on the path to engineering.


2. One book you have read more than once?

Actually I haven’t read many books more than once. In truth I probably haven’t reread a book since I was a child. That would probably make it one of the books I mentioned above, or the other childhood books like The Berenstain Bears or Amelia Bedelia.


3. One book you would want on a desert island?

Well there is the standard survival guide book or one on how to build a boat. Hmm. Most things I would probably get bored with. Maybe a really extensive study bible.


4. One book that made you laugh?

Most recently I would have to say If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell. That thing made me laugh out loud.


5. One book that made you cry?

I don’t cry often. It makes my sinuses swell and I end up with a big headache. I can’t remember a book that made tears come to my eyes right now.


6. One book you wish had been written?

How to Walk in the Other Guy’s Shoes. There is way too little of that.


7. One book you wish had never been written?

I wish that Mein Kampf had failed due to the death of the dictator, Hitler dictated it. However, if death of originator is not a possibility then I would wish that it was more widely known before the war so that other states might have recognized the insanity that was coming to power.


8. One book you are currently reading?

Sunstorm by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter


9. One book you have been meaning to read?

I have really wanted to read the Space Odyssey series form Arthur C. Clarke.


10. Now tag five people.

I’ll have to e-mail them. My blog list has been tagged already, except for Dexter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home