Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, April 02, 2007

Literary Consolidation 21 - 30

Or the Reader’s Digest Condensed Edition 3nd Ed. Well it’s time to reduce the page length again by creating a post of ten books. I’ll give the picture as a link to where it can be purchased, in exchange for using the picture, a little bit about each book, and a link to my original take on the book. Follow my rambling link to the list.


The book Requiem of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David30.

This book starts a 3 book set that covers the crew in the escapades after the starship Excalibur blows up. This would be a good way to start a 3rd season of a TV show.

My Take


The Book His Excelency by Joseph J. Ellis, a biography of George Washington.29.

This is the second Joseph Ellis book I've read. Both were fantastic.



My Take


The book Sunstorm, second in the Time Odyssey series, by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter.28.

This is the second in the Time Odyssey series by Clarke and Baxter. It's almost as much of a page turner as the first.



My Take


The book Dark Allies of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David27.

This is the eighth in the New Frontier Series by Peter David. It demonstrates that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. At least until the Russians help defeat the Germans.


My Take


The book You Just Don't Understand: Women and Men in Conversation by Deborah Tannen.26.

This is a great book about differences in the way man and women typically communicate. It's a great way to promote understanding.


My Take


The book Sir Apropos of Nothing, Book Three: Tong Lashing third in the series of books by Peter David.25.

This is the Third in the Sir Apropos of Nothing Series by Peter David. It's great fun and fulfills your pun quota for years to come.


My Take


The book The Quiet Place of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David24.

This is a good continuation of the New Frontier series. I keep recommending it for all ST and SciFi fans.


My Take


The controversial book Who Stole Feminism?: How Women Have Betrayed Women by Christina Hoff Sommers23.

This is one of the controversial books by Christina Hoff Sommers. She talks about the origins of feminism in America and how a schism has formed in it.


My Take


The book Sir Apropos of Nothing, Book Two: The Woad to Wuin second in the series of books by Peter David22.

This is the second book in Peter David's Sir Apropos of Nothing series. It's just a hoot, like the first one.


My Take


The book Fire on High of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David21.

This is the sixth in the New Frontier Series by Peter David. It's a well developed Star Trek series.


My Take

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home