Lately, No Donkeys

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Literary Consolidation 31-40

Or the Reader’s Digest Condensed Edition 4nd Ed. Well it’s time to reduce the page length again by creating a post of ten books. I’ll give the picture as a link to where it can be purchased, in exchange for using the picture, a little bit about each book, and a link to my original take on the book.


The Voyage of the Dawn Treader of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis40.

In this the third of the series two of the children return with a cousin to Narnia. This is a bit more mature and definitely is good for parent and child to read together.

My Take


Existential Pleasures of Engineering by Samuel C. Florman39.

This book was bought after I got The Civilized Engineer for my class. The title pretty much says it all. The book is about the deep fulfilling pleasure we get from creation.


My Take


This book is for a class.38.

I read this book for a class on Industrial Engineering. It's a good take on processes for making good, innovative designs.



My Take


Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood37.

This is an odd tale by Atwood, Handmaid's Tale, that jumps between pre and post destruction of human civilization. You get to watch it all unfold.


My Take


Prince Caspian of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis36.

This is the second of the Narnia series by publication date. The story follows the children going to Narnia again, but centuries have passed there since the left.


My Take


The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis35.

This is the excellent place to begin the Narnia series of books. I recommend it as a good story to read with your children.


My Take


The book Being Human of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David34.

This is another in Peter David's series New Frontier. It's another great book for anyone who like Star Trek.


My Take


The Civilized Engineer by Samuel Florman about engineers' place in and responsibility to society33.

I originally got this book for an engineering class and finally read the whole thing years later. It's about what engineers were, are, and what they should strive to be. I really liked it.


My Take


The book Restoration of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David32.

This is the last of the three book arc in the series. I concludes bringing everyone back together again. It works out well and makes you want to continue the series.

My Take


The book Renaissance of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David31.

This is the second of a 3 book arc in this series. It continues following the crew of the Excalibur after it's destruction, but read them in order.


My Take

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home