Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Literary Consolidation 41 -50

Or the Reader’s Digest Condensed Edition 5nd Ed. Well it’s time to reduce the page length again by creating a post of ten books. I’ll give the picture as a link to where it can be purchased, in exchange for using the picture, a little bit about each book, and a link to my original take on the book.


The book Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared Diamond50.

This is the second Jared Diamond book I've read, and this one seems approachable by more people. Although some might not like what is alluded to.



My Take

The book Missing in Action of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David49.

This installation of The New Frontier sereis will upset some fans. Life is a bitch and then you die.



My Take


The book After the Fall of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David48.

The next in The New Frontiers series. This one jumps three years into the future showing what has happened to the characters you love.



My Take


The Last Battle of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis47.

This is the final book of the series. Lewis closes the series with a lot of heavy imagery that should spark discussion.



My Take

The Magician's Nephew of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis46.

This sixth of the series jumps back in time all the way to the creation of Naria and how it all began.



My Take


A Horse and His Boy of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis45.

This is the fifth of the series. It jumps back in time in the series and follows characters from Narnia itself and does a lot of lesson teaching



My Take

The book American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson by Joseph J. Ellis44.

The award winning biography of Thomas Jefferson by Joseph J. Ellis. A good exploration of his often times contradictory character.


My Take


This book is for a class.43.

I got this book for an industrial Engineering class, but many of the stories in it do a good job of showing what kinds of minutia designers have to consider when making decisions.


My Take


The book Gods Above of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David42.

The next in The New Frontier series by Peter David. The gods of old appear to have returned offering their wonderful ambrosia, but at what price.


My Take

The Silver Chair of The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis41.

This is the fourth book of the series. It sees Eustace and a new character Jill tying to rescue the lost son of King Caspian.


My Take

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home