Lately, No Donkeys

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Muddin’ the Top

Well I’m sitting here in the dining room in my Lazyboy. I had thought I would be putting furniture in the rooms I head refinished this weekend, but I got sidetracked. See I decided to test something, and it happened better than I expected. See there was textured ceiling finish in the den, and It was not the best choice for the room. I tested it and the stuff came down way easy. So, I spent yesterday scraping the stuff down and starting a skim coat of drywall mud on the ceiling. I finished the skim coat this morning and am waiting for it to dry, so that I can sand it. Oh and I protected the floor before I started. I should have it finished and painted this week and can start moving furniture then. I was going to wait for this, but it’s been uncharacteristically cool the past two days allowing me to keep the doors open.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • What, you didn't get enough ceiling work last new years'?

    Here's a conjectural ceiling question for you. If you were to paint a small bathroom a dark color, would you paint the ceiling the same color or leave it white? Given, of course, that the tile, tub, toilet, and all doors are white, hence over half the wallspace and all the floor are light in color.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/18/2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home