Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Let’s go out to the lobby

I say that fully knowing that the two movie theaters I frequent here no longer have any drinks I want. Anyway my brother and I went to see two movies recently so I thought I’d give you a rundown on them before I forget about them.


Last week we went to see “Ocean’s Thirteen.” Arguably this is probably one of the better threequels that has come out this summer, in that it most accurately channels the spirits of the first two movies. Essentially, if you liked the first two, then this one should not disappoint.


Then this past Sunday we went to see “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.” This actually turned out better that I expected it to. I reviewed the original a while back, and I noted that they needed to make the sequel more like the latter part of the movie. Well guess what. They did. And the reviews on RT demonstrated that. Plus it has Jessica Alba in it. And I don’t know what happened, but Alba’s and Kerry Washington’s lips looked HUGE. And who told Alba to wear such freaky looking blue contacts. They were ok in the longer shots, but up close, strange. But it was quite entertaining. I wonder if they will make another one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home