Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No More New Timmys

I just saw on CNN.com that Don Herbert, better known as "Mr. Wizard" passed away today. I remember watching his show almost religiously on Nickelodeon. I remember it was the last cable channel we got at the time, 18. He introduced me to fascinating properties of the world and physics. He was probably the second most influential television personality at the time, no one can displace Fred Rogers. The two Misters of children's television. I salute you Mr. Wizard and thank you for all you have done.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • That is sad! I obviously wasn't inspired to science, but I do remember watching!

    By Blogger Ayzair, at 6/13/2007 10:25 AM  

  • I remember two of his experiments in particular. One was sprinking baby powder on top of a fish tank and then putting his hand in the water to retrieve something-- and the hand came out dry. For some reason, that really got me.

    And the other I think was using a 8x11 inch piece of paper to make a circle large enough for and adult to walk through. Taught me to think outside the box. He will be missed. Wander if copies of his shows are available...

    By Blogger Rambling Speech, at 6/19/2007 9:08 PM  

  • Aha! There IS a way to copies of his old shows. At this link here:
    http://www.mrwizardstudios.com/
    You can order DVDs of his Nickelodeon shows (8 DVDs, 32 shows), and even of his old show from the 60s.
    Pretty cool.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/26/2007 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home