Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three for the Money

Well this past weekend I went and saw "Shrek the Third" at the theater. First of all I am terebly upset. I used to go to the theater by the interstate and they were bought by Regal. They stopped honoring the free movie every 9 cards and the matinée cost went up a quarter. I was a little frustrated cause the year before they had moved from a free every 7 card to the free every 9 card. That was ok. What killed me, and made me stop going there, was that concession prices jumped 30-50%+, plus they stopped serving Mountain Dew. This was after they had removed Dr. Pepper about 1 1/2 years earlier. So I started frequenting the theater near the Lowe's and Target farther into town. The ticket prices became the same after the price increase, and the extra distance was mitigated by them having both Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. And all was good, for a time. Well we went into the theater this weekend and Dadblame it if they didn't switch to all Coke products like the other theater did. They don't even have Cherry Coke, and Mr. Pibb does not taste like Dr. Pepper any more than Pepsi tastes like Coke. But I digress.

Shrek III didn't get particularly good reviews on RT and I can understand why. It's the least entertaining of the three. I think most of the good lines and story point were used up in the first two movies. There's just too much drama and the movie takes itself too seriously. Give it a rental or go see the matinée with children, but don't bother paying full price for it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home