Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

He’s Flaaaaming

Well Sunday it was raining all day, so I couldn’t very well burn some of the branches I have piled up in the back yard. So I did something else. I went and saw “Ghost Rider.”


First of all this movie doesn’t have particularly good reviews. It’s sitting at 28% on RT, but I’ll go see movies at that percentage if I find something about it interesting. I didn’t have high hopes entering the movie, but it was pleasantly entertaining. I saw it at a matinee in a theater full of people. Basically the movie isn’t a Hellboy, but it does a decent job with a character and story that sounds pretty silly to non-comic book fans. There’s some odd acting in it, but the characters are quite odd themselves. The effects and transformations are somewhat cheesy, but I’m not sure exactly how you could make them not cheesy without making the character gross to look at. In closing movie snobs stay away, comic fans only go if you can stand it not being everything you imagined, and B movie fan head to the matinee. There’s no need to pay full price for this afternoon’s distraction.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home