Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, June 19, 2006

Chin takes it on the Po

I have finished Peter David’s Sir Apropos of Nothing Book Three: Tong Lashing. I have reviewed the first and second books previously and given them good marks overall. I’m going to keep the rambling under control on this one. Maybe.


This book continues the telling o the tale as though Apropos is writing his life story later in his life. It goes over the collapse of what happened after the second book and how Po fights the evil Ronnel McDonnell of the clan McDonnel, evil sorcerer turned dungeon master forcing the passengers on the ship LARP to play and RPG that takes their lives if they die in the game. I included that to give you an idea of the type of book this is. Anyway Apropos ends up shipwrecked on the coast of the nation of Chinpan. He stays in a village, but eventually ends up getting swept up into politics, a plot against the Imperior, various criminal organizations, and mystical powers. But all of that really is just Apropos after all.


I really have liked this series. I mean you have the Anaïs Ninjas and the man in charge of palace security is named Go Nogo. I mean come on. That’s funny stuff right there. I don’t know id David is going to write any more of these, but for the end of this on he left the possibility open. If he needs time to get eh plots right then so be it. I’m waiting for the continued adventures of Apropos of Nothing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home