Lately, No Donkeys

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Pom for now and Pom for later.

As I have mentioned before, I have an affinity for pomegranates. A friend of mine mentioned that he had read that they could be opened and the arils could be frozen for later consumption. Well recently my grocery store became a dumping ground for pomegranates. I say that because there was a pile of about 200 or so. I picked through and got the best feeling and looking 8. A lot of the others were a little soft feeling, and in my experience that denotes very ripe with a 15 % chance of being rotten. So I took the firmer ones with good coloration. Anyway, I have attempted the freezing, and the initial test is promising. The arils seemed to survive without getting mushy.

1 Comments:

  • SCORE!!! Cause I can certainly see some muffin mix with frozen Pommegranates in them. Not only that but thaw them out and make a Pommegranate tart or maybe even a crumble, or the piece de la resistance, a cobbler. Mmmmmmmm, cobbler.

    frickin Lodge outlet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/05/2005 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home