Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Geeking out a bit.

I’m gonna geek out a bit here about two things.


First I added a banner to the top of my blog for ChildsPlayCharity.org. This is a charity organization set up by the good people over at Penny Arcade. I frequent their web comic. Several years ago they started ChildsPlay in response to the media and individuals blaming games and gamers for many of the problems that society has always had. As a response a quickly organized charity system was set up for gamers. The response was overwhelming, and has now grown into a huge organization. There is not organization overhead. 100% of money and items donated is sent directly to the children’s hospitals to provide games, movies, and fun for children there. Please read the about page for more information. I’ve personally placed a donation for myself and as a Christmas present to someone else. Here’s to the season of giving.


As a small geeky edition, Mozilla has released version 1.5 of their wildly popular web browser Firefox. I recommend that everyone try this browser at least once. It’s also a smart idea to have at least two web browsers on your machine anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home