Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sir, I’m going to need you to Walk the Line

I’ve put off the second review long enough. As I said previously I saw two movies over Thanksgiving break. As you can guess I saw Walk the Line about Johnny Cash.


I’m not going to beat around the bush here. I recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of Cash. It evokes an almost perfect combination of respect, dislike, and sympathy. Joaquin Phoenix does an unbelievable job as Cash. I say that because it’s sometimes hard to not see Cash standing there.


I watched Ray earlier, and I think this one has it beat. I recommend all Johnny Cash fans go see this movie, even those that aren’t big Cash fans may change their tune. I say go. Go even if it requires full price and skipping supper. Just make sure the theater has good sound, because you really don’t want to miss that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home