Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I can stop whenever I want. I just don’t wanna.

A friend of mine put up a post recently talking about one of my favorite holiday events. That’s right, the running of the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes. The white ones, not the chocolate ones.



I have to agree with him on their crack like qualities. I have to have at least one a day for almost the entire Christmas season. I don’t really get into the Christmas mood, until I have the first one of the season. In fact I admit to buying 3 of the Sam’s Club 10 packs this weekend. The sad part is that those won’t last until Christmas. I even brought one for lunch today. I discovered that the smallest plastic container I had would hold a cake perfectly, without having to worry about it being smushed.


I don’t know if it is the extra surface area constituting more icing, the sprinkles and stripes, the short availability, or what. I think it may be the increased icing with the fact that the seasonal cakes never sit around as long. I think they are just fresher. My addiction started early. I’ve also grown up with Little Debbie all my life. Half of my family is southern Methodist of Irish decent, so we do like our food. I’ve eaten untold oatmeal crème pies, and various other selections. But the Christmas tree cakes put them all to shame.


The sad part is that they disappear right after Christmas. I will miss them, but the anticipation will make next year all the better. I could stop, but why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home