Lately, No Donkeys

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Damn electrons

So I’m sitting at work right now. As a favor to someone I offered to come into work in their stead. Yes I know that today is Friday. So I have scanned somewhere around 1500+ “bubble in the whole mark” tests in the past few hours. I plan on using this time in some interesting way next week, though I’m not sure how yet. The friend I shall extract future favors from. It may include some form of alcohol.


In case you were wondering, no there is no power at my house. I imagine all of the easily spoilable items in the fridge are doing there bacterial cha-cha right now. There are still hundreds of thousands of people in the Carolinas without power. I don’t mind the power off so much. What is annoying is that it is our two streets that are out, and 99% of the rest of the town has power. One you get out of town people start having problems again, but in town it’s just about only us. It’s annoying to see street lights all around your house, but to be denied the stored energy of some electrons yourself.


I awoke Friday morning to a 42 degree Fahrenheit house. I could see my breath. It was lovely. I did manage to use some Sterno cans to heat a pan that I used to heat my sheets up before I got into bed. I thought that was rather smart, if I do say so myself.


Last night I stayed at my sister’s place in G’ville. She had just gotten power back yesterday and offered to put me up for the night. So I had to drive back to Clemson today to run these blasted tests. But on the bright side, I got my mother a Christmas present while I was out. My mother has not needed anything for Christmas for the past 10 years, and it is always a challenge to come up with something. But now that is taken care of. And now I am going to rest my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home