Lately, No Donkeys

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sitting at Home, Originally

Well I’m sitting at home this morning because it’s freezing rain outside. Currently the University is on a 2 hour exam delay. Yeah the timing sucks. The employees are under a Plan A condition. There is a Plan A and B. Plan A is get to work when you feel you can safely travel, and you will be docked annual leave or simply not be paid for the time you aren’t there. Plan B is that the offices are closed, except for essential personnel, and you will be docked annual leave or not be paid. I’m waiting for all the 8 o’clock people to go by and then I will go. Hold on a minute…


Ok so a big branch just fell off my neighbor’s tree into my yard. I may let the landlord take care of that. The power is flickering occasionally. The landlords are supposed to have someone come by to put more insulation in the attic today or tomorrow. They were supposed to clarify which day yesterday, but today doesn’t look good. The reason is that there is about 2 inches of insulation in the attic. I’ve been trying for 3 years to get them to add insulation.


Oh shit. A transformer just exploded down the street. Now there is no power at the house. I guess it’s time to go to work. Cable was out, hence wasting time writing this. However, DSL was still running just fine. That’s one of the reasons I like DSL. It seems more dependable. But since the power finally went out, there isn’t any way to post. So off to work I go.


Now I’m at work. Roads are fine. There seems to be branches and trees down all over the place. I got to my usual morning work building, and I get an e-mail saying I need to go to my afternoon place. Gol dangit. Now I have to go back out and switch buildings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home