Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, August 15, 2005

That’s just me all over

A friend of mine has been looking for possible future places to live and work, so she went to the Find Your Spot site and took the quiz. The site requires registration at the end, but I put in some erroneous information and an e-mail address at which I don’t mind getting trash. It looked like fun, so jump straight in and follow my rambling to the list.

1. Lewiston, Maine

2. Deland, Florida

3. Lewisburg, Pennsylvania

4. Hattiesburg, Mississippi

5. Plymouth, New Hampshire

6. Maryville Tennessee

7. Johnstown, Pennsylvania

8. Easton, Pennsylvania

9. Plattsburg, New York

10. Hancock-Houghton, Michigan

11. Hendersonville, North Carolina

12. San Marcos, Texas

13. Boone, North Carolina

14. James Town, New York

15. Crystal River, Florida

16. Ketchikan, Alaska

17. Augusta, Maine

18. Wenatchee, Washington

19. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho

20. Bremerton, Washington

21. Seward, Alaska

22. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

23. Bar Harbor, Maine

24. Spearfish, South Dakota


I’m not really looking to move, but some of these places sound nice. The diversity, Florida to Maine and Mississippi to Alaska, sounds about right. I’ve come to expect this from tests that try to predict what I like or pigeonhole me. Almost invariably it looks like I shot the test readout, or in this case a map of the US, with a shotgun loaded with bird shot.


I was also disappointed that Clemson didn’t appear on the list. Looking at the descriptions of the towns would seem to make Clemson a good candidate for the list, but looking at the short list of places they have for SC explained it.


1 Comments:

  • Allow me to suggest you NOT seriously consider moving to Crystal River. The weather's not so awful for Florida, as long as you like thunderstorms, but it's a hundred miles from anywhere and the traffic to get there is awful.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/15/2005 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home