Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, December 03, 2007

Movies of Fall

Can you believe it I’m actually making a post? This is of course about movies, but I’m not goanna spend much time on it.


First, several weeks back I saw “American Gangster” with a couple of friends. Let me tell you that is a pretty darned good movie right there. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. It’s not nearly as violent as I thought it might be. Plus it doesn’t really get bogged down at any point. If I had written a review in time I would have recommended it for a definite viewing even at full price.


Yesterday my brother and I went to see “The Mist” based on a Stephen King novella. The sucker had pretty good reviews so I thought what the heck. That was quite interesting. It had the feel of a “B” movie, but the acting and writing were pretty good. I enjoyed the characters and actors quite a bit. Some might not like horror/suspense like this, don’t go if you don’t like scary movies, but this one had the right mix of stuff for me. It almost gave me a Hitchcockian feeling. All the way up to the end. You have characters that make pretty smart and understandable decisions all through a movie, and then you get to the en and they flub it. I know what it was trying to pull off, but that was the only unconvincing part. I recommend it as a matinee to anyone who thinks it might be interesting.


Now there seem to be a lot more movies coming out I want to see. I’ll try to write more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home