Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Illusions of Motion in Triplicate

So I’ve seen a few movies in my month off as well.


First off I went to see “The Simpson’s Movie.” It was pretty nice, but it wasn’t as good as I was hoping. It’s no Tomaco episode, but it was pretty good. I laughed, but not hysterically. I’d suggest seeing it at a matinee if you like the Simpsons. Rent it as well.


Then I saw “The Bourne Ultimatum.” That was just fantastic. If you liked the first two movies then this is a must see. I’m impressed that the movies have seemed to get better each time. It’s a rare thing, but I’m contributing it to them going with 3 good books that were already completed, and they took their time making the scripts and getting the movies out. They still did that shaky camera thing that made me feel sick in the last one, except it was more prevalent this time. Why do they need to do that? I know it changes the feel, but not all the damned time. Anyway, you must see this movie if you like action or suspense. It’s just great.


Finally, this past weekend I saw “Superbad” with some friends. That is one of the funniest movies I have seen in quite a while. It’s from the makers of “Knocked Up” and “40 Year Old Virgin.” If you liked those two this one is 30-40% funnier. It’s wrong, gross, raunchy, and full of vulgarity, but it’s just so damned funny. I laughed so hard I started coughing. Anyone who was a nerd in High School will find it all the funnier. I’m probably going to have to see it again. I recommend going on a Friday or Saturday night at a theater frequented by college students. See it at full price, but you have to see it. Man that’s funny.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home