Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hiatus Redux

After my chastisement in the comments of the previous post I will try to add some content. What’s happened over the past month?


Well we have been sweltering in 90-100 degree temperatures for July and August. That has had several consequences. First I gave up on the garden. I didn’t have time to water it for hours every day, I didn’t want to spend the money on the water for the meager returns, and many of the tomatoes and such were essentially baking on the vine. I picked a few that were hot to the touch and felt like I had boiled them. So I have let it go as it will. I haven’t even been out to it this week.


I haven’t had to mow grass in a month or more. It stopped growing. Now some of it looks like I burned it. I’m hoping it comes back next year.


All the new installation stuff at work that I wanted to do in July I was finally able to start 10 work days before classes started. I installed two classrooms, 2 presentation rooms, rehung 18 projectors, and reinstalled 15 computers. Yesterday I answered 10 work tickets and last Tuesday, the day before classes, I worked a 13 hour day I was not expecting to have to work. And the heat and humidity are not helping in the least.


I started a class for Fall in Ceramics and Materials Engineering which required I buy a $155 book. YAY!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Damn. I mean, for all of my classes for first semester I spent $950 on books... but not a one of them cost $155. That's just... I mean, I hope it's a good book...

    Are you getting any relief from the 100+ degree temps?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/28/2007 5:41 PM  

  • Yeah, it's not that great, but at least it's 700+ pages. I bought a 175 page book for one class that was smaller than most paperbacks I've read and it was $95. We didn't even use it that much. Gotta love Engineering.

    And luckily this past week the temps have stayed in the high 80s to low 90s, except that the humidity has been worse. Oh well.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 8/28/2007 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home