Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I’m not dead yet.

Good Lord two months. To the day even. I didn’t realize it had been that long. There really haven’t been any donkeys lately, and no me either. Well I didn’t fall off the face of the Earth. Although several times I was afraid I was going to land face down in the earth.


Well what’s happened since that fateful September day? I’ve had class. I made an 87 on my first test. The class mean was 56 and the instructor said he designed it for a mean of 45. I told someone on class that if he had told me that earlier I wouldn’t have had to drink as much the night after I took it. Anyway I’ve been doing fairly well in class.


I had two projects back to back that were “absouloutly have to have it doen by this time, but I’m not even going to give out half the time you want in order to get everything done. Oh and everyone in front of you is behind so you have to catch-up all of their lateness. And the Governor is going to come see this project when it is completed. I have some picks of that I might put up. And both of those projects had the standard “Other people’s screwups and wrong information,” that I had to deal with and fix. Not bitter about it though.


I had visitors come up to the house twice. Both times were around those two projects, so I couldn’t devote the time I wanted to prepare for them to get there. I still haven’t gotten the house into anywhere near final shape, but I did make it look a little better. We went to two Clemson games and Shot items in the back yard. It was a rousing good time and I think everyone got to work off some stress. Seriously, nothing makes you feel better than shooting a projectile at a target and getting a hit. It’s far cheaper than therapy or even alcohol.


A friend of mine talked me into doing something I haven’t done before. I might talk about it later, but it’s been absorbing some time.


And last week two family members passed away, so I had a funeral and visitation to go to Friday. The readers, what few there are, who knew them know who they were. Anyway, Lets see if I can post more frequently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home