Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

V for Vocabulary

The reason I didn’t make it home until after 9 on Sunday was because my friend Smitty and I went to see V for Vendetta while he was up for Scanime’s wedding.


I enjoyed the hell out of this movie. Maybe it was because I hadn’t been to the theater in a while or because I got to go with a friend, but I choose to believe it is because it was just plain good. It did manage to get a 75% at Rotten Tomatoes, which is no mean feat for a movie based on a graphic novel. Mr. Smitty was happy that, in his words, the movie didn’t talk down to him. I agree as well. I love having to think in order to get the jokes. This movie also has one of the greatest alliterations I have ever heard performed within the first few minutes of the movie. It’s even better than when Adam West helps “right the wrong that wrong writers have written” in Histeria!. Plus it has explosions, fighting, and Natalie Portman. He he.


I give this one a “Go see it at full price” rating. I think this one is going to be on the purchase for DVD collection list as well. Wow that didn't have any spoilers or any description of the movie whatsoever. If you want to know what it's like go see it yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home