Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

With my head cut off

I’ve been busy since my last post. From Thursday I haven’t made it home to stay until at least 9 PM each evening. I’m hoping for better today. The world has been kind of swimming since Thursday evening with all sorts of excitement, boredom, anxiety, anger, laughter, fear, energy, and exhaustion. If you simply must know more follow my rambling tale.


Saturday a friend of mine finally got married. They have been looking forward to it for quite some time, and I’m sure they are glad it is finally over. They should be in Savannah this week. Being a groomsman I was required to be there for the rehearsal the night before, and I needed to be there early for the wedding. It was indeed a lovely wedding, despite some snags (Somehow that word doesn’t seem to encompass the events.) that occurred. In the future they will probably look back and realize that the means aren’t so important a thing as the ends. And the ends are that they are married and adore each other.


I had several people from out of town straying at the house I rent part of for the wedding. As I have said before I am currently tired of spending money on rent and would like to start seeking this illusive thing called equity. So on Sunday some of said friends and I went to look at a prospective house. I must admit I was impressed with the house, especially the price. The housing market near Clemson is awful for buyers. This was actually the first house I have looked at that was listed for a price the seemed reasonable. Anyway, we toured the house and the yard. Most of my friends were flabbergasted when I told them the price, but they were all form Atlanta and Tampa. Those aren’t exactly similar areas to Clemson. Anyway, I had gotten approval from my credit union for a loan that would cover the house and on Monday morning I spoke with another bank to get a second option for interest rates and such. They approved me as well at a slightly lover interest rate. I made an offer on the house and Tuesday morning the owners accepted it. Now they need to find a place to which to move, and we can start closing on the house. I have never been so scared before in my life.


Oh and another friend of mine just had a baby born. His fourth girl. He has this need to get all of his friends married, so he spent most of the past week trying to fix me up with someone.


It would be interesting if this weekend was a nexus in my life.

3 Comments:

  • It would indeed be interesting, wouldn't it? Congratulations, I mean, big-time, on the whole house thing. It's definitely big--but hey, equity is a neat thing.
    You planning to inform the Elm Street Group?

    It's a good place. I think you'll enjoy being there. I also think I really need to get the hell out of Tampa; if housing is that cheap in Clemson...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/12/2006 6:51 PM  

  • I'll tell you right now that that house was a find and is not indicative of the area. I hope it goes through.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 4/12/2006 9:13 PM  

  • Congratulations on the house! How exciting, I hope to join you in the world of owners one day. Now of course you'll need a housewarming party, right? And plenty of pictures on here.

    Alas, poor Manley, we knew thee well.

    And pass on my congratulations to Dexter! I hope he doesn't later feel a need to keep trying for that boy!

    By Blogger Ayzair, at 4/13/2006 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home