Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sunday Picking

I picked some tomatoes on Sunday Morning. I also picked Saturday morning, but this is by far the largest tomato harvest I have had or will have this year. I supplied the requisite Dr. Pepper can for scale. All the ones on the ground are Brandywine, with the basket containing Better Boy and Century.


This is the biggest Brandywine of the bunch. It was so massive it bruised itself due to it's own weight.


This is not the largest harvest of Roma tomatoes I have gotten, but the harvests look to be tapering off from now on.


This is one of the two Pomegranate seedlings my Dad brought me.


Other than that, there's not much to talk about.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Er, uh, what exactly are you planning to do with your bushels of roma tomatoes? Can I come up and help you eat some?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/26/2007 5:40 PM  

  • Actually I have been splitting the Romas, roasting them in the oven at 325F for ~30 minutes, skinning, processing them, and freezing the resulting sauce. I have several quarts of it by now. I'm waiting for Spaghetti season to start. MMmmm. But feel free to come up if you want some. I've been told all my tomatoes are quite tasty. Too bad I don't really like them by themselves.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 7/26/2007 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home