Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Drink Naming

For several months, I’ve been enjoying a version of the screwdriver I created. I had been trying to think of a good name the whole time. Well the screwdriver recipe is as follows:


3 oz vodka (from the freezer of course) I like Frïs (mild), Tanqueray Sterling (nice flavor), and Ketel One (peppery)

1 oz quality tangerine juice

4 oz quality orange juice

Feel free to adjust the vodka portion to taste.


So I’ve been drinking these for several months. At first I had to squeeze my own tangerine juice. Just recently my grocery store started to carry tangerine juice. Anyway I was talking with some friends before lunch today and the name came to me. It’s an Africanized Screwdriver. In order to understand that one, just look at the origin of the tangerine name and a certain insect’s history of hybridization


Now back to finishing my Africanized Screwdriver.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • If I order one of those at the bar tonight, do you think they'll look at me funny?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/26/2007 5:39 PM  

  • Probably. I would actually be interested in knowing if they have tangerine juice at the bar. I would also be surprised if they had pomegranate juice too. MMmm. Bloody Screwdriver.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 7/26/2007 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home