Lately, No Donkeys

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Looking Up and Onward

Well Thanksgiving weekend is coming to a close, and I hope everyone had a good one. I had a good week myself.


Last weekend I got to step outside and watch the Leonids shower. I didn’t spend more that 20 minutes or so outside, and saw less than a dozen streaks. I forgot about it until the last minute and had not prepared well. It was a bit chilly, and from previous experiences I was not expecting to be able to see it well. Well one good part about living about 8 miles from town is that the low glow is, well, low. That and the closest real street light is about ¾ of a mile away from my house. As it turned out the night was chilly, the humidity low, and cloud cover was non-existent. It was a beautiful night and I should have prepared to make better use of it. I even believe that in the cold clear nights I can begin to make out the Milky Way. I do know that on the clear moonless nights the stars make me cast a blobby shadow on the ground. Next year I shall try to remember to start up my charcoal grill in the front yard to provide some heat. I’ll make some hot chocolate and dress to sit out for a few hours. Might even roast a few of the marshmallows.


I did a little work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then I went home For Thanksgiving. I got to eat at two big meals on that wonderful day. I got to see family, and talked to friends on the phone. Then on Saturday I watched a strange football game with a crappy ending, but oh well. I even managed to finish two books. I’ll try to get reviews up soon. As one final plus I am looking at 43 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes sitting on my kitchen counter. I told you I have a problem.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home