Lately, No Donkeys

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Autumvember

It’s the first weekend in November, and I’m having a good time so far. Monday is Fall break for Clemson, and I took Tuesday off for election day. I have yet to understand why we can’t have Monday and Tuesday off for Fall break. Anyway, a four day weekend is just the icing on the cake. This week my grocery store got in a half pallet of my favorite seasonal fruit, pomegranates. I’ve been having one a day for the past week. I’ve extolled the love I have for this fruit before, and it just makes it feel like Fall. This weekend is the ending part of the most colorful foliage change of the year, and that means that the leaves are falling in earnest. I spent yesterday mowing the leaves in the front and back yard, with some help from my Godsister. Friday evening made Salmon stew to go with the cold weather. I started drinking coffee again over the past two weeks. It’s just too hot to drink it during the summer. That also means that I can start drinking my hot tea again. I got some bulk tea in Atlanta last weekend, the first time I have done so. I was discussing getting a tea ball, but I make big mugs of tea and would need a big one. A friend thought about a French press, and so I bought one yesterday. Something make s me think the English would flinch at the notion of making English Breakfast Tea in a French press, but it worked well for me. Of course they probably flinch even more at the idea of a mug of tea, oh well. Last week my class group turned in Project three for our grade, and we called a break before starting project four. And finally, at the grocery store today I saw hints on an empty shelf space that the beloved Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes have made their appearance. Looks like I’m going to be stopping at Sam’s on the way home tomorrow to see if they have some of the big boxes. November is turning out to be a good month.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home