Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Gift of Fun

The end of the year brings a great many things. One of them appeared on my blog a few days ago. For those that noticed the green banner for the 2006 Child’s Play Charity has appeared at the top of the page again. Even Ars Technica has gotten in on promoting the charity. My Godfather had lamented for many years the amount of money exchanged by my extended family around Christmas. He expressed an interest in seeing some of it donated to charity, and last year I donated several items for him. This year I am taking the spot and am going to request one person donate to this charity rather than purchase something for me. I’m going to challenge my friends to do something similar. Ask someone to make a donation to a charity of your choice rather than buy you a gift.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I have always wanted to do this with Heifer International. Now I just need the guts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2006 4:18 PM  

  • Now I have to settle on a charity. Every year through the Combined Federal Campaign (about which I can't say enough good things) I give to four charities. Two of them are always the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and Guide Dogs for the Blind. This year also I'm donating to a Parkinson's foundation and, I think, the National Park Trust. I can't remember. But which charity should I pick?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/10/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home