Lately, No Donkeys

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Royal Heir of the Sea

So I said I would think about it and I have. I think I’m going to read the books two at a time, and review them in separate posts. I realize I didn’t actually say much about the book, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, in the previous review. It was an unbelievable oversight on my part. I guess I assumed everyone knew about the four children traveling to the magical land of Narnia, and didn’t want to bore people. I’ll give a little more plot for this one since it’s not commonly talked about.


I finished Prince Caspian today. It starts with the children in England about a year after TLtWatW ended. They are again spirited to Narnia, but it has changed ever so much since they last left it. Then the reader is made privy to the tale of Prince Caspian and much of what has happened to Narnia since the children left it. In the end a great battle must take place to decide the future of Narnia. Standard fair actually. The book has the same wonderful story telling style of the first. It doesn’t talk down to the reader, but it also doesn’t seem to have the same excitement of TLtWatW. That is to be expected however, because this book doesn’t get to present everything as brand new. Even with that it still presents excitement and anticipation of what has and will happen. It definitely makes me want to pick up the next one, but for now I’m going to take a break for other books.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Unrelated to Narnia, but just to reading, I saw Oryx and Crake on your slogging through list. I've been told to read Handmaid's Tale, but haven't heard anything about Margaret Atwood's other books. I look forward to a future review.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/03/2006 1:11 PM  

  • My brother read that for a class and recommended it. I have it on loan from the Library, and technically I haven't started it yet. It's going to be my hardback read at home book. I plan on starting it today or tomorrow.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 11/03/2006 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home