Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It’s Just a Jump to the Left

So I’ve been doing and preparing for some stuff over the past 2 weeks. It was the end of semester, I’m trying to buy a house before I have to move out of the house I’m renting, and something else happened. That something else is the fact that on Monday May 15th I will no longer be at my current job. No I didn’t get fired or quit. My boss is reorganizing and is rotating three of us. I will no longer be a part of Operations. I will be a part of smart classroom support. It’s essentially a sideways move. That means I have no doubt that it will involve absolutely no pay change and probably increased work. But who knows, maybe I’ll be surprised.


So far I’m thinking I’ll enjoy the move. It will give me lots of new stuff to learn, and I will get out of the building a little more often. I’ll also get to work with my hands more. This also opens up more possibilities of learning skills that could help me move up to better jobs later. I’ll just have to see. So right now I’m setting some things up for the next person to come in. He’s going to have a lot of stuff to learn.

1 Comments:

  • Well, here's hoping the lateral move proves interesting at the very least. It never hurts to get a new perspective, or at least to have something new to do during the workday.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/09/2006 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home