Lately, No Donkeys

Friday, April 21, 2006

Law and Order

The sites I frequent usually keep an eye out for law topics that are of interest to the tech and web aficionados. I find them interesting, and try to lend my signature or support where I can. Friends of mine follow politics and law in general far more closely that I spend the time to do. Well with all the DRM and P2P challenges that usually get batted around the web, DailyTech pops up with a good old Freedom of the Press/ Freedom of Speech battle between Apple and the good old EFF. It’s the same old Apple is pissed someone leaked their “Trade Secrets,” but instead of doing all the cleaning on their end, they want to have access to a whole lot of the records of the sites that posted the “secret” info. In all probability the EFF will win, but there are strong ramifications if they don’t. Given the way protecting sources has been going in the press, this could be interesting.


Oh and Smitty has a nice little ditty up pointing to Rolling Stone article. I think it’s a must read for anyone who is remotely interested in politics, history, or our President. Drop by and take a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home