Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Ooo, look, timely posting.

I’m actually posting stuff on the day I read it rather than several days later.


The Wall Street Journal has a great round table up about the ramifications of the MGM vs. GROKSTER case. There is some good talk and ideas batted around. The overall feel is that it is the closest to a middle ground the SCOTUS could find while not giving either party what they really wanted. There’s also some stuff on the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s site here and here. I imagine we will be watching the ramifications of this for months if not years.


Information Week has an interesting article up about AMD’s complaint filed against Intel. There isn’t too much new in there for people who have been following technology for a long time, but it does a decent job of explaining some of it. I’m just afraid that if AMD doesn’t stay on the ball Intel will have a whole new line of processors out in 18 months, designed specifically to take on the advanced features that have given AMD a performance lead. I’m hoping some good comes out of it.


I forgot to watch the President’s speech last night, so I’m going to watch a stream of it instead. I’ll limit my talk about the new insights he made during the speech. In other words I probably won’t have much to say.


Oh yeah. I’m on vacation from Thursday until Tuesday morning, so don’t expect much. However, the place I’m going does have an Internet connection. Hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home