Lately, No Donkeys

Friday, September 12, 2008

Time Capsule Release

August and the beginning of September have been exceedingly busy for me. Work hasn’t been as bad as I suspected it would be, but most of the off work time has be taken up with things. I figured I’d run down a few of them to catch up.

A friend came down from Canada to stay with her parents a couple weeks. We hung out some while she was here. I made her watch “Venture Brothers” on DVD. Had a great time, but it consumed several evenings. I’m looking forward to doing it again next year.

Went to Georgia to the cabin again and had a great time. Went skeet shooting again and did much better. I got 10 more out of 100 this time, but I was given a few mulligans the first time. My shoulder wasn’t nearly as bad this time. I think going to the gym has paid off. Hopefully I can improve my shooting and shoulder damage again next time.

Oh yeah I’ve been meaning to mention that. I’ve been going to the gym for the past 3-4 months now. It sucks getting up early enough to go and still make it to work on time, but it’s the only time that made sense for me. I can’t say I’ve lost more than a couple pounds, but I have noticed a decided shift in weight location and the quality of the material making up the mass. I fully intend to keep up with it. I have a checkup at the beginning of October, so I’m interested to see if it changes anything.

I’ve had two friends that bought a house nearby and they were trying to prepare it for move-in. Since they live out of state, each of them stayed at my place at various times. I did a tiny little bit to help at the house, but not much. I’m just glad it wasn’t me moving. That looked like a pain in the butt.

That’s most of the big stuff. A tornado came through, but all it did was break a branch that was already damaged. We started getting rain finally. The ground has been so dry that it didn’t even run off during the downpours.

And so life keeps going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home