Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, July 14, 2008

Even more movies

I tell you this is a great summer for good movies. I don’t think I gave the theater this much money in all of last year. So last weekend I went to see “WALL-E.” Yeah I was lazy and didn’t write a review right away. So what the pay for writing this is crap so it say until today. And yesterday I went with some friends to watch “Hellboy II: The Golden Army.”


First I’ll do “WALL-E.” This is just another fantastic movie by Pixar. Frankly I don’t know how they keep hitting them out of the park. They have some talented people there and must have the management willing to let them run where they need to run. I don’t know what it’s like to work there, but I can’t imagine how overstressed, depressed people could turn out stuff like this. I congratulate everyone that worked on it.


Everyone knows WALL-E is a robot, and it takes place in the future. I’m not telling much else, because you have to see the movie. Wait. No. You HAVE TO see the movie! There. That’s better. If you like any of Pixar’s movies, then you will like this one. There’s loads of humor, drama, and moral lessons. It’s worth seeing at full theater price, and the kids should love it.


As for Hellboy, if you liked the first one you should like this one as well. Some things are done better in this one, and some things aren’t quite as good. But the action and the humor are there. I recommend anyone who liked the first one go see it. Full price is warranted if you loved the first one. If you merely liked it then catch a matinee.


And now I await “The Dark Knight.” I’m all excited.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home