Lately, No Donkeys

Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Addition

Well I have a new addition to my house. The couch in my den has been replaced by an actual new couch. That's right, that is the first new couch I've had. I have to say it's quite an improvement over the old one. Alas I didn't get any pictures of the old one, but that's probably for the best. However I do ramble on about the pictures of the new one.

So this is a picture of the illustrious new couch. It's actually about a foot shorter than the old one, but much of that is arm rest. The back is a little shorter, but it sits higher. The cushions are much firmer, which should soften over time, and they are much shallower. I like it. Well of course otherwise I wouldn't have chosen it. You can tell it's a gold color with a hint of green and maybe cranberry or wine in specks. The thing is this is the tipping point. I was content with the status quo, but that has changed. Next is the craptacular carpet in front of the sofa. It too moved from a previous abode, and was merely there to provide sound deadening and some scuff protection to the floor. So my search has begun.

This is the first foray. A few small pieces I picked up at one location to test in the lighting of the den. This like the other picture had to be color corrected slightly to make it look closer to reality. Darned flash. Anyway, the one on the left I wanted to use to confirm it was too busy for the room. The big version is even worse, so it's right out. My Godsister likes the middle one. It brings out the colors in the couch well. It gets more of the red and brown in the full size version. The one on the right I like, but I'm not sure for this room though. It's a dark forest green around the edge that transitions to a lighter green/beige in the middle. The three rectangles in the middle are the same green/beige with lots of blue speckles. The two vines are a dark wine. The big version is almost identical with the vines getting slightly thicker, but mostly longer with more leaves. I'll look some more places to see what they have.

What do you think?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • I suggest you look at the Flor Collection from Interface carpets. It is a modular carpet system that is in tiles. Much better than the industrial carpet tiles though. You can get some pretty thick piles and interesting patterns. I'll have to remember to bring a catalog along when I come up next time. Sweet stuff.

    But a NEW couch!!! Holy Crap, I don't think that I'll be able to sleep on that thing. At least there is still the Chicken Wing couch in back, it is still in back isn't it?!?

    Nice purchase there man. Certainly an improvement.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/27/2008 4:56 PM  

  • nix all 3. Sorry friend. The one on the left is crazy, the middle one reeks of patchwork old ladies, and the one on the right... looks a bit too... fantastical??? I think you are in the right color choices though.

    ruthless tonight- blame hormones. i should post pictures of the rug I bought to brighten up my present location so you can poke fun in return....:-)

    By Blogger Rambling Speech, at 3/28/2008 10:21 PM  

  • Congrats on the sofa! I much like it.
    And, weirdly enough, I was just telling Smitty about Flor tiles the other day. I love Flor carpet tiles! They rock!!! I do like the middle one though, but with Flor, you can make your own pattern!

    Listen to taemon. He knows what he's talking about!

    By Blogger The Former Lepidopterist, at 3/31/2008 9:25 PM  

  • Although of course I defer to T.F. Lepidopterist in interior design areas, I have to say I quite like the one on the right. It may not be quite right for the room... but then again, you don't have a LOT of other color in the room. What color is The Chair? I like the colors in the middle one but I have to agree with Rambling that it might not be right in your house. However, it might work under the dining room table.

    Now the question is, what's next? You know and I know you can't just change one or two things. A new couch for the back room? Perhaps a pull-out? A fancy new whole-wall entertainment center? Furniture for the spare room apart from an ironing board?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/02/2008 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home