Lately, No Donkeys

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Disconnected

The venerable DSL modem that has been used for 6-7 years, maybe longer, has finally ceased to function. Therefore my home has been disconnected from the Aether since late Tuesday evening. I have been taking it surprisingly well considering I always have a portal to the Intarweb open next to my customary place of butt parkage. I have entertained myself with various DVDs I haven't had a chance to watch, and by reading my current book. I take it as a further sign that I truly am not addicted to it. I have had no convulsions or crazed thoughts. Though I must admit I do spend all of my working hours with a rather speedy connection to it as well. However, work time use of the connection to infinite knowledge and amusement always seems different than home use. Anyway, AT&T is supposed to be sending me a new entryway to the information thoroughfare either today or tomorrow. it is more complicated then what I need, so I hope it works without much trouble. I have things that I would like to accomplish using it this weekend.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • This doesn't mean that.... no, it couldn't. You didn't.

    Has the era of you not watching Children of Men come to an end?

    Say it isn't so!?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/13/2008 3:02 PM  

  • Do not fear. The epoch of the CoM has not ended. I just couldn't bring myself to do that yet. I'll hold it hostage in exchange for Cowboy Bebop.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 3/13/2008 3:14 PM  

  • Good practice for March 29th Turn it off hour. :-)

    By Blogger Rambling Speech, at 3/17/2008 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home