Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, February 05, 2007

They'd smoke ‘im if they got ‘im

Friday I went out with some of the guys I took a class with last semester. We went out to teat and then went to see “Smokin’ Aces.” I was curious about seeing the movie, since it has an interesting cavalcade of stars. RT has it reviewed at 27% by the critics, but the lay people have it closer to 74%. I’d have to put it somewhere in between. There’s lots of shooting, blood, and cursing. I know I’d curse with all that shooting and blood. Basically lots of people converge on one location to try to save, kill, or take into custody one Buddy "Aces" Israel. It’s not a great movie, but it can be quite entertaining. The key is seeing it with other people. I saw it with some friends in a 60% filled theater. That was about perfect. I don’t think it’s worth full price though. Make an afternoon of it and catch a matinee while the theater is still busy. Either that or rent it and watch it with some friends. Of course a large TV and surround sound would be the preferred method.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home