Lately, No Donkeys

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Slow as… Well, you know.

Actually that should be “Slower than.” I’ve been remiss in updating this page. It was a combination of busy, lazy, and access limitations. So lets do a little run down of what’s happened recently.


First of all, my class ended, and I got an A. That was rather difficult considering that 40% of the grade was group work that you couldn’t get better than 95 on, 40% was from the midterm and final exams, and the last 20% was from homework you couldn’t get better than 95% on either. In total it was impossible to make better than 97 in the class, and I managed to squeak out a 92. I’m happy.


Work has changed since I got a new boss. We’ve been busy trying to get things done before spring semester starts. This has turned out harder than expected, per normal. We’ve got rooms that haven’t had anything done because the contractors have been pulled off for other jobs. It’s a mess, but it’s nothing we have control over. We’ll probably end up having to bust our asses to try to get things working as quickly as we can. Oh well.


I went to the wedding of a friend and performed as an Usher. A friend has also shown trepidation about some of the events as well, and she covered the wedding better than I can myself. I had a great time, and got to hang out with friends I get to see far too infrequently. We even got to see Smitty after is foray out of the country.

I took 2 days off work and went home to my parents’ for a week during Christmas. My Dad’s family came to visit for a afternoon before Christmas. We had dinner and a gift exchange. My mother’s family came over Christmas Eve evening for dinner and a small gift exchange. Christmas day we got up and made a solid day of it. We opened stockings and Santa presents and had brunch with my Mother’s sister and husband. We then finished opening presents and had a little lunch leftovers. Then following that our Christmas tradition of going to the movies. We saw Charlotte’s Web, a real tear jerker. Then we went home and my godparents and godsisters came over to finish out the gift exchange. It was a good day in all. I got an electric chainsaw with a 2 year full replacement warranty. At the time It was on sale at $80 including the warranty. That’s a good deal in my book. I also got a digital camera, something I’ve wanted quite a while, and a Nintendo DS.


I used the digital camera I got to take a picture of my parents’ house and tree.

I came back to my house Thursday after Christmas. Scanime, his wife and another friend came over for the afternoon and evening on Friday. We had a good time talking and playing around on Scanime’s XBox. On Saturday I went down to Atlanta to visit with another friend over New Years. I got to hear some people ring in the New Year by firing off some old ammo. That was nice. I also got introduced to some insulated glasses, which I bought. Of course I didn’t pay that price for them. Interestingly it’s the same company that made the French Press I offend the English with by using it to make hot tea.

Anyway, I had a full time of it, and I didn’t even get to finish a book. Oh well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • "I also got introduced to some insulted glasses, which I bought."

    I know exactly what you meant to say, but I still found this amusing. :) Who insulted the glasses? What sort of harsh language was used?

    By Blogger scanime, at 1/10/2007 9:57 AM  

  • OOps. I blame it on the Bloody Screwdriver I was drinking out of said glass. It is corrected now.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 1/10/2007 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home