Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, May 22, 2006

Oops, Slipped My Mind.

Sonnofa gun, about one week ago the one year anniversary of the starting of Lately, No Donkeys came and went, and I didn’t notice it. I have to apologize for that, though I’m not exactly sure why I have to apologize. Anyway, why did I miss it? Was it my normal absentmindedness? Well to some degree yes. However, as I stated previously I changed jobs last week, and I have been surprisingly busy.


A large part of the time was spent cleaning my new office. The last person in there was a bit of a pack rat, so much so that the custodian refused to vacuum or dust in there. I took everything out of the room and cleaned it as best I could. Originally I thought I was going to keep my old desk. It was the first real desk I had at Clemson. My previous supervisor, now coworker, and I got an office about a year ago. Before that I worked in the machine room with the soothing sound of hundreds of thousands of dollars of servers running. We had no desks, so we decided to order some. We looked around and found some kidney shaped desks of adjustable height with no drawers that we both liked. I really liked the desk, but alas my current boss didn’t want to break up the set. I have a sneaking suspicion that someone complained that I got to keep the new desk. I don’t think the new person likes the desk that much, but I could be wrong. Ah well. So far losing my desk has been my only lament.


I’ve been pretty busy actually. I’ve been accompanying the other Smart Classroom employee around to affect repairs and maintenance. I think I’ve been picking it up pretty quickly. Actually I think I have been picking it up far more quickly than my co-worker expected. I have a sneaking suspicion that he may be dismayed by that, but I am reassured that he probably likes working with me far more than with his previous co-worker.


And as a small side note, closing on my house, barring any unforeseen occurrences, will occur on June 14th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home