Lately, No Donkeys

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Not it!

A friend of mine put up this challenge on his blog, and being the easily manipulated person I am, I was moved to respond.

Follow my ramble.

So here it goes.

1. First Name:
Joel

2. Were you named after anyone?
Not really. I guess I was partially named after the Book of Joel and Saint Andrew. Which I find interesting that the names mean “God is willing, and “Manley, courageous, valiant,” respectively. My parents almost named me Andrew Steven, until they realized it would make my initials A.S.S. Thank god they caught that one. I would have hated to have had to kill them.

3. Do you wish on stars?
Not ordinarily, though I did recently see Jessica Alba in Fantastic 4. I would be lying if I said that some ideas for wishes didn’t pop into my head. She got naked invisible 3 times.Same thing with Sin City.And when she smiles she reminds me of Linda Carter, and there ain’t nothin’ wrong with Linda Carter.

4. When did you last cry?

Shoot. I usually don’t, because it makes my sinuses swell and gives me a sinus headache for hours. I could have during Cinderella Man.

5. Do you like your handwriting?
I did, but I’m getting out of practice.I need to start writing more.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Oven roasted turkey oh yeah

7. What is your birth date?
Sept. 7, 1976 There’s a lot of stalking information in this. Should I include my SSN and mother’s maiden name?

8. What is your most embarrassing CD?
Meatloaf “Bat out of Hell II: Back Into Hell.” Damn I had almost forgotten I had that. And now a song is stuck in my head. Crap!

9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
I assume you mean would a person with your personality and likes be friends with you. I think so. I’m not too much of an arrogant ass. Though I have to admit the smartass comments would run thicker than ragweed pollen in September.

10. Are you a daredevil?
By no stretch of the imagination of which I can conceive.

11. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Why Lucky Bob of course.

12. Do looks matter?
Yes, duh. Call me shallow or what have you. I’m not going to say it is the most important thing, but it usually is the first sensory input you get about a person. Not to mention that visual processing takes up a huge amount of brain space, so you can see how influential it could be. However, I’ve noticed that it seems that my idea of good looks isn’t often as narrow as others.

13. How do you release anger?

I talk to myself or others. I analyze the source of the anger to determine if it is valid or worth the effort. I usually forgive, ignore, or exact a little vengeance later.

14. Where is your second home?
The town I grew up in.

15. Do you trust others easily?
Fairly easily, though I am guarded around some people. I’m usually quiet with new people so I can learn about them without giving away too much of myself. “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”

16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Oooo it’s close, but I’ll have to go with Legos. Transformers was a close second.

17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless?
My government class was taught by a man that didn’t give a shit and ran off 89 octane coffee all day. I used to get caffeine highs just by entering his room.

18. Do you have a journal?
I have this blog, but I’ve never kept a journal. I have been thinking of keeping a tape recorder by the bed so I can record accounts of dreams.

19. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
“I wouldn’t say that I’ve been missing work Bob.”

20. What are your nicknames?
Hmmmm. Lucky Bob, Yethhnow, Joelman, Smartass

21. Would you bungee jump?
Not very likely.

22. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Usually. I can’t normally get them off otherwise.

23. Do you think that you are strong?
Sometimes in the morning, but then I usually shower.

24. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Homemade – banana Store bought – strawberry

25. Shoe Size?
10 ½ B Damn narrow feet

26. Red or pink?
I like a somewhat warm red center to my steak.

27. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
When I accidentally kick someone while my foot is shooting along it’s trajectory into my mouth.

28. Who do you miss most?
Mr. Rogers

30. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Black to both

31. What are you listening to right now?
The A/C system running

32. Last thing you ate?
Poptarts and a glass of milk.

33. If you were a color what would you be?
One solid color: a dark blue like the depths of a deep cave mineral spring.

Actual color Opal.

34. What is the weather like right now?
Warm and muggy

35. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My Mom

36. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex

Usually it’s the face. Her eyes and the way she smiles, which naturally includes the eyes as well.

Next, or if the face isn’t visible or something is attention grabbing, it falls to breasts, hair, legs, behind (read ass), arms, back, shoulders, the list goes on.

Out of visual range I have been attracted by a laugh.

37. Do you like the person who sent this to you?

Why yes I do.

38. Favorite Drink?
I really like Dr. Pepper, diluted orange juice (65% OJ 535% vodka), and 12 year Canadian Club Whisky neat.

39. Favorite Sport?
Football, college not pro

40. Hair Color?
Brown, with red highlights if I’ve been in the sun

41. Eye Color?
Hazel cause it’s the color that no one knows what it is.

Actually I’m a blue-green-gray with a golden brown ring, but that won’t fit on the driver’s license.

42.Do you wear contacts?
Oh yeah. I got tired of the creases the glasses were putting in my nose.

43. Favorite Food?
Home made macaroni and cheese, or home made country fried steak with rice and milk gravy. Now I’m hungry.

44. Last Movie You Watched?
Hellboy, last night

45. Favorite Day of the Year?
Whenever I’m visiting and Mom cooks up a good Sunday dinner.

46. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?
Happy endings, but you usually have to pay extra for that.

47. Summer or Winter?
I work on a college campus, so the warm parts of the semester. Those guys that have been to Clemson know what I mean.

48. Hugs or Kisses?
Sometimes you just need a good hug.

49. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?
Out somewhere: a really good cheesecake

At home: homemade blackberry cobbler

52. Living Arrangements?
Renting a house with two friends

53. What Books Are You Reading?
It’s on the front page, but right now, Knight Life by Peter David.

54. What's On Your Mouse Pad?
No mouse pad

55. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?
Not much on. King of the hill and then recordings of Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited.

56. Favorite Smells?
apples baking, meat roasting, cookies baking , butter cream icing,

57. Favorite Flower?
Day lilies

58. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Beatles

59. Do you believe in Evolution or Creation?
Yes

60. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Soon to be New York.

2 Comments:

  • 53. What Books Are You Reading?
    It’s on the front page, but right now, Knight Life by Peter David.

    Response:

    Interesting read. I've never heard of this, but it looks like it could be funny. Ironically, Heather is reading another version of the Arthurian legends right now too -- but it's not funny at all from what I understand. Let me know if the humor in this one is worth it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/16/2005 12:20 AM  

  • Follow the ramble on the Book review. Review page.

    I would describe it as a popcorn book, like a popcorn movie. Lets try to put it into perspective by going through some of the characters names. Arthur Pendragon is Arthur Penn, Merlin looks 10 since he ages backward, and Mordred is Moe Dreskin the Republican political campaign adviser and media manipulator. I won't mention the other's for plot reasons.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 7/16/2005 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home