Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, June 06, 2005

Football, Boxing, and Wheeling

Man this has been a fairly busy week, but there really wasn’t anything I wanted to talk about. What the heck, I’ll just ramble for a bit.


Memorial Day weekend I went to see The Longest Yard at the theater. I will admit that I haven’t seen the original. Some will curse my name, but I have to say that I enjoyed myself. It did it’s job of allowing some laughs and getting me to forget current events and just have some fun. Now I want to rent the original and watch it. A friend was supposed to meet us there, but some stuff came up. But you know, life is stuff that comes up. As for rating, I’d say that it’s worth a matinee if you liek that sort of movie and is a definite renter with beer.


This weekend I went to see Cinderella Man. I really enjoyed it. I’ve always been a sucker for the triumph of the underdog movie. I think it’s part of being an American. Not only is it about boxing, which is nice, but it has all the drama and emotionality that draws the fairer sex. I think this movie is a must see for most people. As for rating, I give this a full price approval with a possible second viewing as matinee and reserving purchase for later.


As a final note, most of you probably know that Apple has stated that they will begin using Intel processors in a year. Many people are already talking about it, and what it will mean. I’m siding with most people. The deal was primarily to save the laptops, and throw a little speed improvement and supply stability to the desktops. Laptops outsold desktops this May, and may have done the same thing in May ’03. This looks to be indicative of the future of computer sales. You can see why Apple wants to protect the growing sector. I expect Apple to have a proprietary BIOS or something to screw up attempts to put OS X on an ordinary Intel machine. I do look forward to actual apples to apples comparisons of OS X and Windows. I somehow expect windows to come out a little ahead. Hmm, have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home