Lately, No Donkeys

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Expectations and Anxiety

Well this morning at 9AM I had the wonderful opportunity to be interviewed for the job position I mentioned in a previous post. I was interviewed for the same position about 2.5 or so years ago and obviously didn’t get it. Interestingly the person who did get it left after 9 months. The next person that got it, I didn’t apply on purpose, just left 2 months back. That’s right 2 people in less than 3 years. Part of that is due to the coworkers, but I know the two people and should be able to handle them a little better. I feel I have a better opportunity this time due to the other two people leaving so soon, and I know lot about the university, department, and job. I think I’ll be able to pick up a lot of the other information quickly. Here’s hoping, but I’m not holding my breath.

2 Comments:

  • Best of luck. This does include a raise of enough significance that you'll be joining us on our Western tour next year, yes?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/25/2005 6:45 PM  

  • Well I'm hoping that if it is offered it will include a raise large enough for me to look at beginning a house purchase in a year or so. If it falls below a certain expectation then I won't take it. I'm thinking it should be a significant portion of what other people with the same job classification get, 25-30% above my current position.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 5/25/2005 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home