Lately, No Donkeys

Monday, January 30, 2006

That’s why the lady is a Vamp

Yes, I know it’s a bad title. This is going to be short, because it doesn’t need to be long. Basically I got bored this weekend and had to get out of the house. I decided I needed to see a simple, mildly entertaining action flick. I looked at the movie listings and saw that the only thing that really fit the bill for me was Underworld: Evolution. As you can see from the link, it didn’t get very good reviews from RT, but then neither did the original Underworld. I have a strange love affair with RT. I don’t pay much attention to the rating if it drops below 40, because I like bad movies. There’s just not many other ways to put it. I actually met an attractive woman that loves Bruce Campbell and Evil Dead, but alas she was taken. But I digress. This was not a good movie. I didn’t expect it to be, and I wasn’t disappointed. It was heavy handed, shakily scripted, had plot catches, and it started with a monolog; never a good sign. However, it was actiony, twisty, and surprisingly more interesting from an overall storyline perspective than I had expected. Besides, I can watch Kate Beckinsale run around in latex britches for quite some time even without a plot, gunfire, or explosions. So basically don’t go see this movie, unless you have to get out of the house for it to be fumigated. And if you do see it later, for God’s sake have something to drink while you do it. Cheers.

3 Comments:

  • See, you're actually willing to come out and admit it. You like bad movies. There's no shame in that. But I know people who insist that bad movies are good. In that, there is shame.
    Remember Carmen Electra: The Chosen One? What were some of the other awful movies we watched at Elm Street? I just rated Carmen Electra at Netflix. I felt it's two-star rating was at least two stars too high.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/31/2006 6:28 PM  

  • Oh man there was that and Carnosaur. I do remember that The Chosen One was like suddenly hitting absolute zero after hovering at -150 degrees celsius. It completely changed the scaling.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 1/31/2006 10:53 PM  

  • Also people come up with bad movie ideas, and it is an interesting look into their minds. Plus there are some intersting ideas in there some times. One of the most interesting ideas I've seen was in the bad movie Dracula 2000. In that Dracula is actually Judas Iscariot. He has been cursed with walking the earth for eternity and is basically unkillable. That explains the aversion to the cross and all things holy. It also explains the aversion to silver and the lack of reflection in silvered mirrors due to his form of payment.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 1/31/2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home