Lately, No Donkeys

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Attention K-Mart Shoppers.

That line actually makes me think of something. Several years back they were airing a new animated version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. It turned out I could do a fair impersonation of Skeletor. Based on that, we thought up a little animated skit involving Skeletor: Overlord or Evil working at K-Mart. I won’t get into the details to protect our ideas, but we thought it was pretty funny.


Anyway, that doesn’t really have anything to do with this post. I am now the proud owner of a mighty blue beacon in my den. Anyone who has stayed at the Atlanta Extension Office of the Elm Street Group knows the blue beacon of which I speak. I had resisted purchasing a ReplayTV because I have a pretty good Panasonic VCR (with the fastest rewind I have ever seen). A friend of mine kept telling me that the thing was made for me. Finally he sent me an e-mail telling me of a 160 hour unit on sale on Amazon.com for $179 with a $100 mail in rebate. With the price at $79, the prospect of nearly unlimited recording, 160 hours is a long time, and not having to fool with tapes any more, I bit hard. I used some birthday money and purchased one last thing. I’ve only had it for a few days, but damnit I like that thing.

2 Comments:

  • Why? Why would you buy a blue beacon? why would you WANT a blue beacon? And am I going to have to bring 20-gauge cardboard and duct tape to sleep on the couch in your living room now?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9/20/2005 8:02 PM  

  • But it has an off button. I swear.

    By Blogger Lucky Bob, at 9/20/2005 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home