Lately, No Donkeys

Sunday, February 12, 2006

And Have a Pleasant Murrow

So yesterday I was kind of bored and didn’t feel like watching TV or starting a new book yet. I looked around and saw that Good Night, and Good Luck was showing at the theater, so I got up and went. For those of you that don’t know, the movie is about Edward R. Murrow, the man credited with helping to create broadcast journalism, and it takes place during the McCarthy hearings. During this time Murrow did several news reports on McCarthy that helped lead to the Senator’s censure.


Interestingly the movie is directed by George Clooney, who also stars in it. The movie is basically about the responsibilities of journalists, broadcast and otherwise. Most of the story could ring as true in today’s political climate is it did then. Basically I liked it and would recommend it to any of my friends. I say go watch it at a matinee or rent it. Unique theatrical experiences like this need to be supported. Oh and I was reading some of the reviews and John Wirt and I had a similar experience. When the movie ended several members of the audience applauded. And I think I was one of two people there who didn’t have grey hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home